Bring your old incandescent Christmas light strings to any The Home Depot
store for recycling, and receive a $3 OFF coupon for the purchase of Energy Efficient LED lights!! (limit 5 discounts per customer)
Features & Benefits
· Uses 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights
· ENERGY STAR® qualified
· Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights
· Cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire
· Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable shock-resistant than other lights
· The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs- enough to light two 24 foot strings
How Lights are Recycled
· The light bulb coupler and the socket plug are manually clipped
· Three byproducts result and four categories of raw materials
· Each byproduct is independently shredded for separation, returning glass, HDPE plastics, and non-ferrous copper as well as ferrous steel
· The prepared separated raw materials are then sent to licensed smelters for re-casting or re-molding, all in accordance with local, state and Federal statutes
There’s hardly room to turn around without bumping into the Christmas displays sprouting like so many mushrooms.
For those who wish to cut the carbon footprint of their decorations, consider going to Home Depot’s Christmas Light trade-in. Save a little green and make your decorations more efficient (and safer) in one go.