As the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee prepares to begin marking up the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act, the Republican members of the committee have indicated they will refuse to show up for work and boycott the meetings. These Senators are unwilling to sit down and work on this important plan for less pollution, more jobs and greater security.It makes one wonder what these Senators might be doing that is more important than finishing work on this historic bill. Top Ten Excuses for not showing up for work on the Clean Energy Jobs bill: 10. They are hiding in the attic with balloon boy
9. They are allergic to wind
8. They had to prep for a conference denying climate science
7. They got lost hiking the Appalachian Trail
6. They were swimming, Scrooge McDuck-style, through swimming pools filled with money from Big Oil and Coal
5. They had choir practice for the Chorus of No’s
4. Rush told them not to go
3. They had to hold up some more judicial nominees
2. They actually oppose a Clean Energy Jobs bill that would put America back in charge of its economic and energy future.
1. They had a pre-existing condition What’s your excuse?
Got a mild chuckle out of some of these.